When? {Linky Party}

Thursday, August 21, 2014






Today's question is...When do you do things?


School doesn’t start until the day after Labor Day so I don’t know exactly what my schedule will be yet.  So, here is a peek at last year’s schedule.

9:05-9:45 Calendar and Math
9:45-11:05 Pathways Plus
(Reading Groups, Phonemic Awareness,
PE, Computer Lab, Music Keyboards, Word Work)
11:10-11:30 Snack and Recess
11:30-12:20 Writers Workshop
12:20-1:10 Lunch and Recess
1:10-2:30 Rotations
(Math, Science, Social Studies, Writing, Literature)
2:45-2:50 Clean Up and Daily News
2:50 Dismissal





Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I don't know my schedule yet either fully - glad to know I am not the only one! :) I notice you have a nice big block of time for writer's workshop - do you have certain curriculum or a model that you use? How much of the time is for mini-lessons or just writing time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again! I do a lot of writing in my day. We do have a curriculum that we follow. It's by Learning Headquarters. If you are interested, you definitely need to attend the training so the manual and techniques make sense. I use that and my own writing program (check it out in my TpT store if you are interested). To answer your question about the mini-lesson time, it varies depending on the topic and what skills my kids need but I try to keep the mini-lessons short and sweet so that we have a longer time to write.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top