ABC and 123 FREEBIES

Tuesday, September 23, 2014
I've been busy making some fun centers for my Kinders.  We are busy learning our ABCs and 123s at this time in the year.  I have made a couple of fun puzzles that you can put in math or literacy centers.  They are free on my TpT site- just link to the photo and it will take you right there.

The first fun activity is a number puzzle that goes from zero to ten.  Students put the pieces in order.  They use the dots to help them count and the rainbow colors stair step up to help kids see that each number increases the amount of dots by one.  It looks easy, but it is quite challenging for many kids.



The second activity is for your literacy center.   It is a simple alphabet puzzle, but the letters are lower case, and if your classroom is like mine, kids recognize upper case more easily than lower case, so the practice putting this puzzle together helps them with lower case letters identification.  The puzzle uses super cute Wild Things and is so much fun.  I like to print a copy that I don't cut apart so my kids who need extra scaffolding can use that to help them.  My more advanced learners like to put it together without looking at the completed puzzle.



Both of the activities are super easy to prep and you can have them in a learning center in no time.
If you find them useful in your classroom, please leave feedback.
Thanks!

I hope your kids love these as much as mine do.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top