What Worked Well Wednesday- Center Tub Labels- FREEBIE!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015



Even though it is the middle of my summer break, I'm starting to think ahead to next year.  (Do we teachers ever really stop thinking about our classrooms??)

One of the things that worked really well last year was the addition of these simple labels to my math and literacy tubs.

partner or group labels

Before I had these labels, the kids would try to work together on activities meant for one, or try to do a partner activity alone.  By adding the labels to the tubs, my kids gained independence and I gained some peace (and the ability to focus on my small group of kids).

how many kids can work at this center?

I change the activities in the math and literacy tubs often based on what we are learning, or when I sense the kids are getting bored with the activity, or when I need to introduce a new skill or activity.  During my afternoon rotations, kids rotate through different activities.  One of their rotations is "Math and Literacy Tubs."  Although I direct WHEN the kids do the math and literacy tubs, the children can choose WHICH tub they would like to work on.  Some of my kids prefer to work alone, but some like to work with a partner or group.  By having these labels on the tubs, kids know immediately if it is an independent or partner or group activity.  This helps them get settled quickly and saves the wear and tear on my nerves.

You can grab these labels for FREE in my TpT store.  Just click on the pictures or on the link.
I hope you find these useful too!  They might be little, but they make a big impact.


5 comments:

  1. This is such a great way to visually show students which bins they can use during the different math rotations! What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing, and your freebie labels are super cute!
    Have a wonderful week!!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids loved the independence that the labels fostered. I hope your kids love them too.

      Delete
  2. I love this idea. How simple but perfectly understandable for kids. Thanks for sharing!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! These labels were a lifesaver. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I love the visual! What a great way to make sure that they understand! Thanks so much for sharing, I am going to try this!

    Deirdre
    Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top