Making your Bulletin Boards More Interactive

Sunday, March 20, 2016
I am always looking for ways to make my Bulletin Boards more important to my kids.  Don't get me wrong, they love seeing their work displayed in the room, but that is all it is, just a display.  I like to make my bulletin boards more meaningful to my kids.  


One way I do this is by hanging the book that inspired the activity next to the bulletin board.  That allows kids to unclip and reread the book and reengage with the content of the bulletin board.  (I can't claim credit for this idea... Keri Shenk does this in her room and I thought "Wow! What a simple, yet amazing idea!"


I started hanging my books this year and I watched what my kids did.  They consistently went to the bulletin board, took down the book, read and reread the book, then found their project and interacted with the bulletin board.  It was amazing!  Such a simple yet powerful thing! (Thank you Keri!)


This is so simple!  I just poke a thumb tack in the wall and hang a binder clip on it.  Clip the book and the kids can remove the book, read the book, and then re-clip the book when they are done.  Easy peasy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top