It's the hardest kids that need the most love

Saturday, May 28, 2016
It's the hardest kids that need the most love

We've all had those difficult kids.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  

These kids take ALL of your energy EVERY day.  

They make it hard for learning to take place uninterrupted in your classroom. 

We've all had kids like this- sometimes more than one in a class.  I've got 3 this year but one is ESPECIALLY hard.

I'm not complaining.  Really, I'm not.

In my classroom we start each day fresh.  I greet each child with a smile and a sunny hello as they walk in my door.
I think that makes a difference.

As draining as those hard kids are, they deserve the very best that I can give them.
They deserve to be loved too.

Did you notice the beautiful picture at the top of this post?
Well, it was painted for me by the very child that is my hardest this year.

He said, and I quote..."It's for you Mrs. Irick!  See all the love in it?!"

As exasperating and exhausting as this kid is, he feels loved by me!
Job well done!

I've got his painting hanging in my house.  
It reminds me every day that the hardest ones need the most love.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top