Attribute Block Turkey Patterns

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Every year my kindergartners work on patterning.  


I have my kiddos build different patterns on the rug, and then I have them move the pattern to form a circle.  This reinforces that the pattern must continue uninterrupted.  You would be surprised how many kid really don't get that concept.


After we build our patterns in a circle I then send them to their desks and they rebuild that same pattern using paper pattern block pieces.  Luckily my school has a die cut machine with these shapes so prepping them is very easy.  We glue these to construction paper and that becomes a turkey tail.


We finish the turkeys by gluing on a turkey body, legs, eyes and a beak.  They alway turn out so cute!
The last part of the project is to count the shapes that we used and add them up. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top